Join the team at ABRI
Our current career opportunities
We are always on the look out for like-minded, passionate and driven individuals to join our team.
If you have a passion for livestock industries and a desire to build your career with an international provider of innovative agribusiness products, services and technology solutions, please get in touch.
Our current available positions are listed below.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced developer that is willing to take on new challenges and be part of our ILR development team.
You will play a core role in growing and supporting our internationally recognised enterprise web application developed using the ASP.NET MVC stack with a Postgres backend.
You will be working within a small team of developers, dedicated to using industry best practice testing, design patterns and the latest development in the .NET space.
The Agricultural Business Research Institute (ABRI) is a dynamic company that provides agribusiness software solutions to both a national and international clientele.
Armidale is a beautiful and progressive country town, an educational hub with the University of New England and many schools, and a technology hub for Australia’s livestock industries.
ABRI is a world leader in livestock recording and genetic evaluation software improving business practices for animal breed societies and streamlining herd management for farmers in all corners of the world.
We have a team of 20 software professionals using a variety of technologies and languages working with database systems, mobile apps, and web systems.
We invite applications from experienced, highly motivated and skilled developers to join the software support team.
Skills and Attributes
Applicants should have the following skills and attributes:
- – 5+ years of experience as a .NET developer
- – Experience of writing and consuming web-based API’s
- – Knowledge of HTML5/CSS/JS/Ajax is a must
- – Sound knowledge of SQL and store procedures is a must with PostgreSQL experience a plus
- – TDD, Unit Testing Frameworks (NUnit)
- – Experience of, or a willingness to work in a Scrum environment
- – Experience with .NET Core and Blazor is a plus
- – Dev-ops skills and experience is a plus (production deployment, continuous integration monitoring and testing)
- – Knowledge of oAuth / OpenID / IdentityServer is a plus
- – Experience with Agile tools and processes
- – English communications skills and able to communicate with team members, backend developers and customers to solve problems
- – Eager to learn new technologies
- – Self-motivated, creative, initiative
- .NET Framework 4.6 onwards
- ASP.NET C# MVC 5 (Visual Studio 2019)
- Azure DevOps
- Postgres SQL/ Entity Framework
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering or related field of study
If you would like to learn more about this role, or would like to apply, please get in touch with our friendly team.
Please send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call Trish Faint on 02 6773 3555.